Help us celebrate the different cultures, traditions, and experiences that make our Mustangs who they are by contributing to our NEW Heritage Night!
Our WSES Heritage Night will take place on Thursday, February 23.
Heritage Night will be a celebration where students and the community come together to celebrate and learn about the variety of cultures and traditions represented at WSES. We are excited about the many activities being planned for students and families to connect and learn about each other.
WSES is fortunate to have numerous countries and cultures reflected through our students as well as many families who have traveled or been stationed abroad, and throughout, the United States. Heritage Night is an opportunity to learn more about fellow classmates and WSES families through their cultures, travels, food and traditions.
Come discover the rich diversity of our school at Heritage Night and the journey of learning each of our students have taken. ALL families are encouraged to participate!
How to participate:
- Provide bite-sized samples (enough for 50 people) of a food that you love. Please include a note for display that lists main ingredients, making sure to note allergens (milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, sesame, and soybeans) so that attendees can safely sample your dish. Food Sign Up
Optional activities and ways to get involved:
- Sign up as a family or individual to share about your heritage/culture through either parent-led conversations, performance, craft, tutorial, dance and/or storytelling. Sign-up Form Required (deadline of Feb. 16)
- Create a display to be featured in the hallway that shares information/photos about your culture and/or traditions (i.e. trifold, poster). Sign Up Here.
- Students complete a Mustang Me page to be displayed. Link to editable Google Slide. Link to PDF version.
- Students can apply to share something about themselves at the Student Showcase. Sign Up Here (deadline Feb. 16)
WSES Heritage Night Schedule:
- 5:45 – 6:00 p.m. Food Drop Off Please remember to include a note that lists main ingredients and any allergens and utensils to serve your item if needed.
- 6:00 – 7:45 p.m. Travel Through WSES Enjoy the various food options, adult and student presentations, and displays throughout the building.
- Clean up/Pack up 7:45 – 8:00 p.m. Please return to pick up your food and help clean up to prepare for the next school day.
We look forward to a great celebration of our amazing community!